What is it?
This is a personalised training programme, aimed at optimising and maintaining functional capacities, as well as preventing complications associated with disability issues and benefiting from the protective action of controlled physical exercise against the metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors caused by a sedentary lifestyle, especially in people with reduced mobility.
Who is it for?
It is specially aimed at people with a neurological disability as a result of a stroke, TBI, spinal cord injury, or other alterations of the nervous system (cerebral palsy, MS, Parkinson’s, ALS, Guillain-Barré…) who, once the rehabilitation process has finished, request personalised services for the maintenance or improvement of different problems related, among others, to walking, the mobility of the upper limbs (chronic hemiplegia), balance, ability to perform activities of daily living, etc.
The programme will be carried out in the facilities of the Guttmann, NeuroPersonalClinic®, a spacious and modern gym with swimming pool that offers the best facilities for carrying out these activities and has the most exclusive technologies currently available in the field of specialised rehabilitation.
- Gym: Equipment for manual therapies and the application of the most advanced techniques and systems in physiotherapy, and dynamic training systems for the work of muscle chains.
- Robotic systems:
– Gait rehabilitation – Lokomat Pro and Ekso Bionics (exoskeleton for assisted walking)
– Rehabilitation of motor control of the arm and hand: Armeo Power.
– C + MILL: Walking platform with multisensory stimulation systems.
- Pool and Hydrotherapy Area
Type of intervention
- Personalised assessment by expert professionals and the preparation of a personalised training plan appropriate to the functional capacity, needs and expectations of each individual user.
- Individual 50-minute sessions of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Neuropsychology and/or Speech Therapy.
- 50-minute group sessions led by expert therapists (before or after the individual session, according to clinical criteria).
The patient will be given a complete final report with the assessments, the treatment carried out and the final recommendations.